Monday, July 21, 2008

Ulm




I went to my parents place for the weekend, together with my little niece L. Many things i've already forgotten about. Not only that spending time with her is the most inspiring thing in the world. Also some Ulm-related things like the Lichterserenade for example. It's a tradition here in Ulm, on saturday night, every year before Schwörmontag (where the mayor of the city of Ulm has to swear about his loyalty) after sunset they let thousands of little candlelights floating down the river Danube. They are accompanied by thousands of applauding people and a firework along the bridge. What a simple thing to make everybody happy.
Today I'll drive back to Berlin. Unfortunately i can't bring L. with me :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooah! subber scheene bilder von dahoim. dange, kuss, d

anette said...

ohhhhhhhhhh, I nearly cried, I already miss my little daughter sooooooooooooo much but am very happy that you enjoyed her company as much as I do every single day. Your big sister, very sentimental in rainy hamburg. Love A

JG said...

nabada was canceled :(

Anonymous said...

Beautiful blog! enjoy it very much! und vorallem die musiktips! you guthers rock!