Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Love-Hate / Hamburg



I'm working in Hamburg for a few days. It's weird how i love and hate this city. For some reasons everything is always extraordinarily easy. Like someone wanted to convince me to stay. Also it's beautiful. My work is next to the river Elbe, where i have a spectacular view over the harbour and most impressing sunsets every night.
The idea of living here gives me the creeps though. Is it too "perfect"? I don't know. I adore the hanseatics. Somehow their mentality is more self-confident. But it's good to keep some distance....

PS: Sorry for the bad photo-quality... (again::: too lazy)

3 comments:

anette said...

ha, I spent 10 years in this city, its beautiful but too rich, too expensive, burgeois and xenophobic. I had a lot of fun there too but I am glad not living there anymore, but you know that anyway,darling...

JG said...

oh yes, i know what you are talking about!!! but i still can't believe it. what a waste! could be such an good place.

Anonymous said...

i think it is the "beauty of imperfection" that keeps you in berlin. at least that is what i think since i live in a "very pretty city" - which is actually an ugly city in a pretty setting. i always wanted to move to hamburg since i was 12 but then ag went first - and that was it ;) ku, d