Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Today: A Lot




This photocopy of a picture by Kim Hiorthøy i made ages ago. It was sitting next to my desk in my living room for a very long time. Its message might sound negative to you, but for me the effect has always been pretty positive. It was my very faithful and constant reminder of the fact that i don't necessarily need to pull off a lot to have a wonderful day. It took pressure (which is my inofficial surname) and gave me a slice of relaxation (which is a thing I don't know very well). I thought it would lead to action after all. Like today: much, but only if i want to.

Today i moved into my new office. It's the first time that i properly rent a room for my own work. Very serious. I'll spend lots of money every month to give my work an address. New terrain. Exciting.



I decided to leave Kim Hiorthøy's today: nothing behind, I didn't bring the picture. From today on I want MUCH. Everyday. Without a stupid reminder. The room is still very empty, but i promise to fill it with loads.

I started this Blog due to my sister. She inspired me with hers. Also I will move in with my boyfriend very soon and I'm a bit scared i could lose my privacy, my own structure, my own rules and all that. I thought it might help to keep some things just for me. My new office is the first step. And this blog shall be another one. Another (my other) room.

Thank you, Kim Hiorthøy. Thank you, sister!

1 comment:

anette said...

Ich bin verrückt vor Freude über Deinen Blog und sehr geehrt Dich inspiriert zu haben. Wundervoll! Sis A...und ich schreibe wieder nur englisch...